-Hermann Hesse
I read this quote a couple of days back and it was sitting on my mind till today morning. How do you listen to trees? What does that feel like?
I was walking along a road that had dense canopy early today. The thought of listening to trees jumped up and made me curious. Now that I was among these guys, I could try listening. Maybe the ignorance of a defined process is part of the learning.
I sat among the trees and looked. I switched off the radio on my phone. I took a moment to place myself in the scene. The passage I had read earlier ran through my mind. Highlights of Hesse's words came alive. As they buzzed around I think I realised a tiny bit of what he meant.
The trees seemed strong and sure. I saw myself agreeing to everything I read.
Nature has a great way of assuring us, trusting in us and giving us hope. I went through a meditative calmness while I tried to focus on what I saw and heard.
I felt like I truly lived in the moment those 10 minutes.
Source for Hesse's words: Brain Pickings

No comments:
Post a Comment