Tuesday, 27 November 2012

#9 - Living alone

I have blogged too many times about living alone. Yet, I had to give it a top status on Project 21.

As much as I like to think I was always independent, the reality of that word dawned only after university. I learn to do so many things by myself. I learn to think for myself, I learn to prioritize and I learn to think in ways I have never done before. I see raw character of people - some good, some bad but all new. I see the difficulty in monotony or as I would like to call it - habit. I see the difficulty in holding fort for nobody but myself.

I sometimes think about the possibility of all human lives to be single journeys no matter their martial status. And I contemplate its truth. Once you move out of home and go on, you go on for ever. Maybe childhood is the only phase where you are truly protected. Of course I am not denying the value of family here.

All I know is that I have a taste of what its going to be like. It's not so bad sometimes. Pride and Prejudice, steaming tea and rain outside the window will make this journey worth!

Project 21

No comments: