Friday, 16 November 2012

#20 - Sacrificing

School never taught me the reality of sacrifice. It was all rosy and sweet smelling. You study three months before board exams. You work really hard these three months and you can get into a good uni. And guess what, I did.

With that image in mind I stepped into uni. Hey, that strategy no longer works. I learnt that the hard way in my first year here. It was uni that taught me sacrifice and put me through all hell to understand the concept. With respect to academics and otherwise.

I like any other girl wish for every good to happen in my day! Slowly but surely I learnt that every thing good does not happen in your life every day. Heh, who am I kidding.

One door will close on you if you want another to open. You ought to choose what you want and you ought to give up on something to get this. Animate or inanimate. Every thing in this world has an opportunity cost. It is how much we want something that matters.

'Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.' 

Project 21

No comments: