Monday, 19 November 2012

#18 - Being true to myself

Living alone, you are often left to ponder on your judgements and make decisions by yourself. You are the CEO. The board of directors sometimes extends to close friends. 

In such a setting, I have come to learn the importance of holding ground on my principles. It has been so easy to give in to change and peer pressure. And I think I have given in once or twice. At times like those I try to remember,

'When you lose, don't lose the lesson.'

It has been important to me to hold on to my conscience. The example my parents set for believing in values, is tough to ignore. They inspire it in me to try holding on to my own foundations. And whenever I step out of the line too much, I hear Amma's unerring voice in my head reminding me of what I actually want,

and helping me be true to myself.. 

No comments: