Tuesday, 20 November 2012

#17 - Letting go

A lesson hard learnt.

I have wondered why Amma was reluctant to let me move countries for university. I simply did not understand why it was so hard for her to let me be, to let me go. Its been three years since and we have both gotten better at letting go.

It is not just people I refer to here. It is the act of letting go I talk of. Of things. Of incidents. Of attachments. Of people. As well. I had a tough time letting go of my room at home, watching meaningless television as soon as I woke up, enjoying the terrace breeze, watering plants, spying on neighbours, having food at my beck and call, having private transport, having a brother who is your second hand, the security of home, the support of parents and the variety of family around.

The first things that come to mind are memories around home. Well, that is the biggest thing I have had to let go!

I learnt to let go because that is the way it should be. We all begin our journeys at a place but that is just the beginning. As the days roll by we find different routes and explore our options. More often than not our support systems can't accompany us on these journeys because hey, they are on their own journeys too. You learn to let it go and let it be. If it is meant to be, it will!

'Whisper words of wisdom, let it be, let it be..'



A wonderful song by the best ever band on earth.

Project 21

No comments: