Sunday, 25 November 2012

#10 - Art

My school made it compulsory for us to take music, dance and art classes as kids. And it's not hard to see what stuck. As a result, mom enrolled me in several art classes and I have had two gurus I am grateful to. Mr Ganesh and Mr Sasikrishnan. I have learnt a lot from both of them and from the way they work.

Art has come to rescue me in times of need. It's one of those things I love to do on an early Sunday morning. I get lost in the monotony of creating strokes and soak up in it. I take a fascination towards colours and that keeps me going. Seeing the colours take form on the canvas, the joy is boundless!

Very recently I have taken to working on women as my subject. It's no wonder to see how many artists have fallen prey for this subject. There is something about learning to depict grace and elegance that intrigues me.

It will always be an important part of my life. It will be the place I go to for consolation and absolute freedom of speech. It will be my atma. I hope to collect a life full of works that will carry my memories in colour and talk my thoughts in form. 

No comments: