Thursday, 22 March 2012

Figuring out sleep

I like sleeping. I do. I like the idea of giving the body and the brain some zone-out time to re-energise for a new day! For the fact that I do not want ugly black bags under my eye, I like sleeping.

But I also think its a waste of time. I mean think of all the things you could do if you are not sleeping! So much more time. Before you decide I am one of those weird ones, I have to say this. I have also fully realised that sleeping enough does good and makes my day productive! I have learnt a lesson the hard way. In first year of uni, when I watched a million shows instead of hitting the sack. Life was like this DOGHOUSE comic!


Recently, I discovered sleeping cycles. Your sleep happens in cycles of 90 mins. More detailed information here. If you wake up in the middle of a cycle, your day is groggy and feels incomplete. On the other hand if you complete your cycle, you feel energetic! Believe it or not, it is true.

I now try to keep a structured sleep pattern. Go to bed at 12, wake up at 7:30. If I do not get the 5 cycles of sleep, I try and take an afternoon nap for 1.5 hours.

I think I can say that I have figured out sleep finally!
(Or maybe not!)


PS: Listen to this wonderful playlist, if you are the kind that likes music while sleeping! ITS AMAZING.

No comments: