Sunday, 4 September 2011

Forgiveness

'Forgiving does not make the person who hurt you feel better, it makes you feel better'

I think this is the only thing I liked about Chetan Bhagat's 2 states. Of course I also made a mental note to think ten million times before I decide to marry a Punjabi boy.

Theres been something on my mind lately. I had a situation with this person. Person X. (I like calling people X, makes me feel like I am crossing them out and marking the target straight on their heart!) So yes X. Lets just say something went wrong, misunderstandings and the like happened and I ended up getting hurt. I felt bad for sometime and then I spoke about it to people, helped myself feel better. Told myself that, that was the end of it and I would worry no more.

Naturally, the episode wouldn't just go away. However, I realised something today, just now. I realised that the episode would indeed go away if I forgave X. I told myself that X did so and so things only because it was justifiable to X. From X's shoes it all probably seems right. So what do I do now. Forgive X. And guess what, I feel good. I feel absolutely relieved. A simple solution to a potentially complex issue.

PS: I think I am becoming Buddha, tch tsk

No comments: