Saturday, 17 September 2011

Arguments

I argue.
A lot.
I just cant bear it when someone says something unreasonable.

However, following a resolution last year, I have reduced my arguments. By a TON. My close friends even noticed this change! (YAY)

I had accounts tutorial earlier today. My tutor is a pretty entertaining guy. He is a CEO, yet here only on friday evenings to try and impart his knowledge of accounting. Today he said something that made me think.

He was talking about Bank Reconciliation. And in trying to explain why we need to match the bank balance with the record balance, he said 'When one person says one thing, and another person says another thing. One of them is wrong. Except in bank reconciliation. Both are right, even though they show different amounts. This is because both are exposed to different information.'


Isn't this the reason for argument ALWAYS? I know 'x' things about something and he knows 'y' things about the same thing. When we both get talking, we are surely going in the direction of an argument if 'x' and 'y' are opposites. No one is right. No one is wrong. We both just know different things.

The peace my mind felt when it all became clear. Ah.

No comments: